Plant-Based Diets for Improved Mood and Productivity
New subscribers to our e-newsletter always receive a free gift. Get yours here:
DESCRIPTION: The most comprehensive controlled trial of diet and mood finds that a plant-based nutrition program in a workplace setting across ten corporate sites significantly improves depression, anxiety, and productivity.
Here’s the link for the video I mentioned about the original randomized, controlled trial Improving Mood Through Diet ( ), and the pilot data on workplace interventions can be found in Slimming the Gecko ( ) and Plant-Based Workplace Intervention ( ).
Diet can help at home too! See:
• Fighting the Blues with Greens? ( )
• Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression ( )
• Do Antidepressant Drugs Really Work? ( )
• Antioxidants and Depression ( )
• Can Dehydration Affect Our Mood? ( )
Arachidonic what? For background on the inflammatory fatty acid see:
• Inflammatory Remarks About Arachidonic Acid ( )
• Chicken, Eggs, and Inflammation ( )
• Chicken’s Fate Is Sealed ( )
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: JD Hancock via Flickr.
• Podcast :
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org