This Will Help You Avoid Type 2 Diabetes #drmarkhyman
Recently, a study made headlines linking red meat consumption to an increased risk for type 2 diabetes. It’s no secret that navigating the realm of nutrition has become a challenge for the general public.
That’s why, on today’s Health Bites episode, we’re diving deep into the findings from this study, “Red meat intake and risk of type 2 diabetes in a prospective cohort study of United States females and males,” published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
I unpack the study’s design flaws, inaccuracies, and where the researchers got it straight up wrong.
In this episode, I discuss:
– What we can and cannot learn from observational research
– “Red meat intake and risk of type 2 diabetes in a prospective cohort study of United States females and males” study design and findings
– Issues with the study design and why it does not prove that red meat causes type 2 diabetes
– What have other studies found?
– The root cause of type 2 diabetes
– Strategies to address type 2 diabetes
You can find it on your favorite podcast platform.