Why Are Politicians Avoiding this Topic? #drmarkhyman
We are amidst a metabolic health crisis that has taken the world by force, hijacking our biology, creating cellular dysfunction, and ultimately making us overweight, depressed, infertile, and chronically ill.
Our broken food system and the politics that influence it are to blame. The incentivization of processed grains, refined sugar, and sugar-sweetened beverages for profit has created an internal breeding ground for inflammation, insulin resistance, obesity, diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.
On today’s episode of The Doctor’s Farmacy, I’m excited to talk to Calley Means, a former Big Food and Big Pharma consultant who is now pulling back the veil on corrupt industry practices and ringing the warning bell on how our health is being destroyed by insidious practices.
In this episode, we discuss:
– How the pharmaceutical industry is the largest funder of government, think tank organizations, academic research, and media outlets
– Why America is getting sicker, fatter, more depressed, and more infertile
– Corruption in industry and government that’s harming our health
– – Ozempic as a treatment for obesity in kids
– How obesity is harming our national security
– Taking control of your own health
– Banning food and pharmaceutical ads on television
– Is Ozempic bad for mental health?
– How the government subsidizes and recommends ultra-processed food
– The thing that can counteract the influence of money
Find the full episode on your favorite podcast app.